Neil, our trusted Dive Operations Manager and Coral Reef Ecologist since May 2015 has decided to leave ERIC to further himself in the realm of marine conservation. The staff and board of ERIC is wishing him all the best for his future endeavours and hope that our relationship is continuing remotely.
Having said this, there is now a staff opening for a Dive Operations Manager, Coral Reef Ecologist at ERIC. We are inviting suitable candidates to apply for shortlisting.
We are looking forward to shortlisting at the end of April 2018 and to filling the position at the beginning of June 2018.
Please share this post.
PLEASE READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW AND ANSWER ACCORDING TO EACH OF OUR REQUIREMENTS. This will help fast processing. Thanks, a mil.
What we offer:
- Working at an award winning, conservation and sustainability NGO
- Working on established conservation projects related to sharks, corals, turtles.
- Basic salary + commission above a threshold of dive income
- T&T Working Visa (must work with us minimum 2 years)
- Accommodation (self-contained apt)
- 15 working days holiday per each year
- One day off per week
- Reimbursement for return ticket from London, Frankfurt, US, Canada and return
- PADI MSDT, EFR Instructor or higher in teaching status and with professional and medical insurance
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Experience in remote, small island environment
- Min. BSc in marine biology or similar, or strong conservation background
- Experience in working with NGO a definite asset
- Own scuba equipment, cell phone and laptop
- Fluent and able to teach in English (any other languages are a plus)
- Duty hours are on a flex time basis up to 48 hours a week
- Team player and leadership qualities
- Willing to assist in not directly job description related tasks
- Strong adherence to safety and PADI standards
- Strong marketing and sales background including social media
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in equipment and compressor maintenance with certificate
- Able to start work from June 2018
- Animal welfare awareness
- Video and Photo experience
- Citizen/ Resident in Trinidad and Tobago/CARICOM is an asset
For shortlisting, please send
- picture (no UW, no sunglasses)
- two references with contacts to